Course Details 

History of GCC An organizational meeting was held on April 26, 1955. The Articles of incorporation were executed on February 6, 1956. Two hundred shares of common stock were authorized at a value of $100 per share. The first membership dues were assessed for the 1958 golf season at $30. The original clubhouse construction started in July 1959 and was completed in October with 90% of the work being done by members.

Lagoon excavation was started in the fall of 1961. A fairway watering system was installed in the summer and fall of 1976. The clubhouse was remodeled in 1984 and the course was expanded to 18 holes, opening for play in July 1993. The course was reconfigured to the present layout in 1996.

CHARTER MEMBERS:

Arnold W. Beneke
H.W. Bruns
O.L. Danek
Lee Draeger
J.F. Falkenhagen
Alva F. Fitch
Edward J. Gavin
George C. Gould
W.J. Harpel
Donald J. Inglis
Edward F. Jensen
Carl Mackdanz
Harry Marshall
E.J. Mikulecky
Glenn M. Otteson
Otto Shamla
Hubert G. Smith
Duane G. Thiele
Henry A. Thoeny
Edward G. Stoeckman
Clark W. Truesdale

Board Of Directors

Rick Selvey - President , Tom Mrvicka - Vice President,  John Lightfoot- Secretary, Greg Wedin-Treasurer, John Brinkmann, Paul Harff, Gray Ballard.